Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I am a lay speaker, not a pastor.  I have begun to volunteer to lead services for our senior living center called Christian Community Home.  I started by providing a message once a quarter and now it is often once per month.  A friend gently pushed me to share what I prepared so she could read them.  So here I am.

I take one or two of the scriptures from the lectionary and pick three ideas I want to express to the residence.  My audience is made of up of people ranging from semi-assisted living to full nursing home care, and some family members that attend with them.  On an average Sunday I have between 30 to 50 people attend.  The service is 30 minutes long so the message is kept under 10 minutes long.

Now and then I am asked to take the pulpit at my church as well.  I feel enlivened when I study and create my thoughts into this form.  My goal is to provide love and encouragement with just a little bit of challenge toward self-improvement. 

I am nervous to put myself out as a blog.  Read if you like or move on.  I will just be me.  Beams to you.


2 comments: